A fire escape ladder can come in pretty handy in an emergency. However, you need to choose one, years before you need it. Hence; it is essential to make the right choice.
Among numerous Fire ladder options available, it is difficult to choose the right one. You have to be selective while choosing one. We will today share with you the top 10 options available and also a buying guide which will help you make this decision.
Best Fire Escape Ladder Review
We will now share the top 10 options available.
10. First Alert 14 ft. Fire Escape Ladder
The fire ladder which we are highlighting now is two stories high. It has a height of 14 feet. Also, you can fold and store it in a small space. The durable steel frame means that it can last for a long time.
One of the main advantages of this ladder is that it can easily attach to any window. In times of emergency, you can integrate it with the window sill and use it without wasting time. Also, it consists of rungs which are slip-resistant and can handle a significant amount of weight. As a result, anyone can use it with ease. These features make it the right choice.
- Height of 14 feet
- Durable steel frame
- Nonslip rungs
9. Emergency Escape Ladder by Family First
The next ladder on our list is again a two-story ladder. The height is 13 feet. The advantage of this ladder is that you can use it within seconds. With the help of durable construction, you can be sure that wear and tear is not a problem. The deployment process consists of 3 steps, which are included in the instruction manual. It can handle up to 1000 lbs. With the help of a storage bag which is bright orange, it is easy to move it around. If you’re looking for a fire ladder which is easy to deploy, you should not ignore this option.
- Can handle 1000 lbs
- Height of 13 feet
- Comes with storage bag
- Quick to deploy
8. 2 Storey Fire Escape Ladder
The USP of this ladder is that it consists of anti-stick steps. It means that you can use this ladder quite easily. The height is 13.5 feet, and you can easily attach it to the 2nd story of the house. It does not require any assembling. You can deploy it within 60 seconds. The weight which it can handle is 1000 lbs. Also, it comes with a canvas bag, which means that storing it is quite easy. These features make it an excellent option.
- Height of 13.5 feet
- Deployable within 60 seconds
- Can handle the weight of 1000 lbs
- Includes a storage bag
7. ISOP Emergency Fire Escape Ladder
The fire ladder which we are highlighting now comes in 3 variants. You can choose between 8 feet, 16 feet, 25 feet. The strength which it can handle is 2000 lbs. That is why; it is sturdier than other options. It is compatible with most of the windows, which mean that deploying it is not a problem. Also, the deploying time is pretty less, which ensures that in times of emergency, you can use it easily. It is pretty compact and lightweight and therefore, storing it beside the window is not a problem at all. The tangle-free release design means that deploying will not pose any problems. The three different size variants, along with the tangle-free design, make it a good option.
- Three height variants
- Tangle-free release mechanism
- Easy to store
- Quick deployment
6. ResQLadder Fire Ladder
The strength of the fire escape ladder, which we are highlighting now is up to 1000 lbs. As a result, in times of emergency, it is quite useful. Also, it is easy to install and remove as per your requirement. The height is 15 feet but comes in different height variants as well. With the help of chains, you can be sure that it is not only sturdy but also flexible. The ladder also consists of standoffs. The advantage of stand-offs is that they keep the ladder away from the walls of the building. Also, they provide you with something to grip to at the bottom of the ladder to stabilize it. Also, there are plastic sleeves, which mean that you can hold them comfortably. The stand-offs, as well as the plastic sleeves, make it a pretty good option.
- Handles weight up to 1000 lbs
- Height of 15 feet
- Easy to stabilize
- Consist of plastic sleeves
5. Easy Escape 2 Storey Emergency Fire Escape Ladder
The height of this fire ladder is 13 feet. Also, it is suitable for two-story homes. Additionally, when you look at the construction, you will realize that it is foldable and quite compact. It comes with a storage bag. With the help of steel fixtures at the top, mounting it on any window is quite easy. The ease of use makes it a reliable option.
- Steel fixtures
- Height of 13 feet
- Comes with a storage bag
4. ResQLadder Fire Escape Ladder
With a height of 35 feet, you can be sure that this ladder is suitable for three-story homes as well. Also, the strength of this ladder ensures that it can carry up to 1000 lbs. It can fit any window sill. With the help of stand-offs, it is not only easy to install but also highly stable. It is available in 5 different height variants, which mean that if you even need the one which is bigger than 35 feet, you can get the required one. With the help of steel rungs, durability is not a problem. They provide you with a slip-resistant surface to keep your feet. The availability of height variants makes it a hard to miss option.
- Five different height variants
- Carries up to 1000 lbs
- Suitable for any window sill
- Highly stable
3. Werner ESC220 Escape Fire Ladder
The two-story model of this ladder ensures that you can attach it to the window sills. Also, the weight carrying capacity is 1200 lbs. Each rung can carry up to 400 lbs. In terms of sturdy construction, it is one of the best options on this list. It means that the ladder is usable by multiple people simultaneously. In times of emergency, this is a great feature to have. With the help of entirely flat rungs, stepping on them is easy. They consist of anti-slip groves as well. Also, the ladder offers stand-offs. S o, the ladder will be at some distance from the wall. It comes with a storage bag which helps you in storing it while nonslip steps mean that you can descend using that ladder. The high-strength of the ladder sets it apart from other ladders.
- The weight carrying capacity is 1200 lbs
- Each rung can carry 400 lbs.
- Easy to install
- Consists of flat rungs
2. X-IT 2 Storey (13′) Emergency Fire Escape Ladder
The height of this ladder is 13 feet. It is suitable for a two-story building. Also, it is lightweight it, and installing it is not a problem. It consists of the tip line mechanism such that you can deploy it in seconds. It can handle up to 1000 lbs. The wide rungs mean that stepping on the ladder is quite easy. It comes in different size variants so that choosing the right one is quite easy. When looking for a sturdy ladder, you can go with this option.
- Quick to deploy
- Comes in different size variants
- Can handle 1000 lbs
1. First Alert Two-Storey Fire Escape Ladder
The fire ladder on top of our list consists of a steel frame. The advantage of the steel frame is that it can easily last for a long time. It comes fully assembled. The height is 14 feet, which is suitable for a two-story home. Also, due to the steel construction, it can handle 1125 lbs. With the help of nylon strapping, you can be sure that holding onto the ladder is quite easy. The nylon strapping also ensures that the durability is on the higher side. It is compatible with windows sills with a width of 6 inches to 10 inches. That is why; you can attach it to the window sill easily. The steel frame certainly makes it a worthy choice.
- Steel frame
- The weight carrying capacity is 1125 lbs.
- Height of 14 feet
- Nylon strapping
- High durability
Things to Consider While Buying the Escape Ladder
The parameters which you should keep in mind while searching for such a ladder are:
- Height: You have to always first start with the height of the ladder. The height will determine to what the story of the house the ladder can reach. Generally speaking, if you’re going with one which is a height of 13 to 15 feet, it is suitable for a two-story home. If you’re going for one with a height of 25 feet, it is ideal for 3 and four-story homes. You have to look at the building for which you are buying it and choose accordingly.
- Construction: You have to look at the structure of the ladder to determine whether it will stand the test of time or not. In most cases, you will store such a ladder for years together before using it. That is why; the construction should be such that it can easily last for a long time.
- Rungs: Ultimately, it is the rungs which will determine whether you can stand on the ladder or not. You should choose one with wide rungs. If the rungs are slip-resistant, that is a definite advantage. Also, if the ladder comes with the standoffs, that is a distinct advantage.
- Weight handling capacity: Another factor which you have to keep in mind is weight handling capacity. Ideally, any ladder that can handle the weight of 1000 lbs is the right choice. The higher the weight handling capacity, the better it is.
These are the four factors to keep in mind when choosing such ladders.
So, while searching for the best Fire escape ladders, these are the ten options to consider. Instead of choosing any ladder, you can consider these options. They will undoubtedly help you choose a sturdy one.