Hiking is an important leisure activity that helps to relax your mind. Most people love hiking and to have a wonderful outdoor experience; people choose to buy comfortable hiking shoes. People prefer buying lightweight hiking shoes over the traditional hiking boots because hiking shoes offer you a comfortable feeling and able to handle any terrain. To make sure you choose the best and comfortable hiking shoe, the guide below has the best hiking shoes in 2020 that will suit all your needs.
Best Hiking Shoes Reviews
Here is a list the top 10 hiking shoes:
You can go ahead and read more details about each hiking shoes below:
10. Camel Waterproof Men’s Hiking Shoes
The upper of this hiking shoe is constructed from quality Nubuck leather with maximum durability and strength. Also, the leather has a mesh upper that is breathable and durable to increase airflow and prevent your feet from sweating. It has a waterproof interior material and breathable upper design to keep your shoe cool and offer you a better outdoor experience.
It has a PU foaming removable insole that allows foot air to flow freely where this eliminates sweats and keeps your shoe dry. The outsole is built from high traction MD and MD materials that enable you to maintain balance and walk on any surface without slipping. This hiking shoe is ideal for snow mounting climbing, wild camping, stretching, adventure training, heavyweight crossing, and sand boarding.Check Product Features
- Equipped with a removable PU foaming insole
- Has a quality and durable outsole
- Features a quality Nubuck leather construction
- It has a breathable mesh upper
- Built with a waterproof design to enhance all-weather use
- Heavy-duty and waterproof
- Comfortable and reliable on any terrain
- It is breathable and durable
- Affordable price.
9. Columbia Women’s Waterproof Hiking Boot
The shoe has an adjustable lace-up closure that helps to give you a comfortable fit. It is built with a modern and appealing design that makes confident when hiking to offer you a wonderful outdoor experience. Has a soft exterior mesh that allows enough airflow to prevent your feet from sweating and keep them dry.
With this boot, you can go hiking even when the weather is worse because it is waterproof to enhance maximum comfort. It has a high traction rubber sole that offers you with a smooth and slip-free movement on any terrain. The boot has comfort interior padding and superior cushioning to keep your feet relaxed and comfortable when hiking. Has a multi-terrain traction system and a dual-zone winter tread pattern that allow you to move on any surface freely.Check Product Features
- Built from a quality leather
- Has an adjustable lace-up closure
- Features a soft exterior mesh for breathability
- Equipped with high traction rubber
- Has comfortable interior padding and superior cushioning
- Features a multi-terrain traction system
- Built with a modern and advanced technology
- Constructed of quality and durable material
- Perfect for any terrain because it has a non-slip rubber sole
- They cannot be used for harsh hikes because they get hot
8. Northside Women’s Waterproof Hiking Boot
It has a quality synthetic sole that enables you to move on any surface without slipping. Has a shaft that measures approximately 6” from arch and heel measured approximately 1.5” to offer you a comfortable fit. Has a moulded heel stabilizer that keeps your feet comfortable when hiking on uneven terrains.
It has a rugged upper that is lightweight and breathable to prevent your feet from sweating and formation of bad odors. The shoe is built from a pure fabric that is heavy-duty and perfect for use in any terrain. This boot is water-resistant where this allows you to use it during winter and in wet terrains.Check Product Features
- Has a quality synthetic sole for proper traction
- Features a shaft measuring 6” from arch
- It has a moulded heel stabilizer for stability
- Has a lightweight and breathable mesh upper
- Built from a pure fabric material
- Offers you all-day comfort
- Built for everyday use
- It is water-resistant and durable
- Great quality and price
- The boot laces are small where you will need to buy long laces for comfortable lacing.
7. HANAGAL Men’s Evoque Hiking Shoe
If you want a hiking shoe that you can use on any terrain, choose this shoe because it is heavy-duty to keep you comfortable when hiking in different terrains. The shoe is built with breathable leather that enhances maximum airflow to keep your feet cool and sweat free. It is lightweight and comfortable to use where it increases your flexibility to prevent fatigue.
Has a rubber toe bumper that protects you from challenges both on and off the trail. If you have a person with heel pain problem or plantar fasciitis, this is the best shoe because it has proper cushioning and padding to prevent pain. The toe lacing and bathtub shape provide you with a great fit and comfortable feeling when hiking.
The shoe has a quality and slip-resistant outsole that gives you reliable traction on both wet and dry terrains. It is equipped with footbeds that provide extra comfort, dampness absorption, ventilation, and reduced bad odor caused by sweating.Check Product Features
- Built with a soft and breathable upper leather
- Has a rubber toe bumper for extra protection
- Features a quality and slip-resistant outsole
- Equipped with footbeds for ventilation and extra comfort
- Has an elevated heel for arch support
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Ideal for any terrain
- Quality construction
- The insoles are a bit uncomfortable.
6. adidas Outdoor Men’s Hiking Shoe
The shoe is built from 100% rubber that is durable and perfect for use even in harsh environments. Has a moulded sockliner that provides you with a perfect and comfortable fit. It has a lightweight EVA midsole that provides you with all-day cushioning to keep you relaxed.
It has a high traction rubber that offers maximum traction when hiking in wet areas or slippery environments. Has a comfortable interior padding that keeps your feet well positioned and relaxed. The shoe has a lightweight and breathable mesh upper that increases airflow to keep your shoe dry.Check Product Features
- Features a high traction rubber for easy movement
- Has comfortable interior padding
- Equipped with a lightweight EVA midsole
- It has a breathable mesh upper for ventilation
- Features a moulded sockliner for comfortable fitting
- Built from 100% rubber material.
- Lightweight and breathable
- It is heavy-duty and durable
- Ideal for all-weather elements
5. adidas Terrex Swift R Walking Shoes
This hiking shoe is constructed from a quality and damage resistant synthetic material that will serve you for long without being damaged. Has a non-slip and wear-resistant rubber sole that enables you to walk on any surface without slipping. It features a lace bungee that stows laces to prevent tangling.
The shoe has an EVA midsole that provides you with low profile cushioning to keep you comfortable. Has a moulded heel cap that provides you with enough support and stability. It features a durable and lightweight ripstop upper that is breathable to keep your shoe cool.Check Product Features
- Built from a quality synthetic
- Has an EVA midsole for maximum cushioning
- Features a lightweight and durable upper mesh
- Moulded heel cup to add stability and support
- Has a lace bungee that prevents tangling
- Great shoe for the price
- Lightweight and durable
- Made from a quality material
- The toe area is too narrow, and this keeps you uncomfortable.
4. Salomon Men’s X Ultra Hiking Shoe
This shoe has a unique EVA midsole that offers you with enough stability and cushion when walking on any terrain. With this hiking shoe, you can enjoy your leisure time on any terrain because it has a slip-resistant and lightweight rubber sole. It is made with a sleek and lightweight design to increase your flexibility and prevent fatigue.
It has a durable and breathable upper surface that enhances maximum airflow to prevent your feet from sweating. The shoe is waterproof to keep you comfortable when hiking during winter seasons or wet areas. Has Sensifit that cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system to offer you a comfortable and secure fit.Check Product Features
- Has advanced chassis to provide and foot protection
- Features a unique EVA midsole for cushioning
- Made with a sleek and lightweight design
- Has a sturdy and breathable upper
- Built from a waterproof material
- Durable and comfortable to use.
3. KEENS Men’s Voyageur Hiking Shoe
This hiking shoe has a quality leather upper that is breathable and perfect for using in any terrain because it is wear resistant. Has a durable rubber sole that is ideal for any terrain because it is non-slip to enable move freely. It features a heel that measures approximately 2” to offer you great fit and comfort.
Has a removable insole that provides you with enough cushioning when hiking in different terrains. It has an ESS shank that keeps your feet stable to enable you to concentrate on your hiking. The shoe has a unique lacing that helps you to tighten your shoe within minutes.Check Product Features
- Equipped with a quality leather upper
- Features a durable and non-slip rubber sole
- Has a removable insole for cushioning
- It has an ESS shank for stability
- Features a quality EVA footbed
- Heel measures approximately 2”
- Perfect for the price
- Non-slip and ideal for any terrain
- Heavy-duty and durable.
2. Hi-Tec Men’s Waterproof Hiking Boot
The shoe is equipped with a durable and slip resistant sole that enables you to walk on any terrain comfortably without slipping. It has a quality upper that keeps your foot protected from injuries in case you are walking in tough areas. Also, the upper mesh is constructed with a breathable design to enhance maximum airflow to keep you comfortable and sweat free. Has a steel shank that keeps your feet stable when hiking on uneven terrains.
It has a unique lacing that is rustproof to withstand all weather elements. Has a moulded insole that helps to provide enough cushioning to protect your feet from pain caused by ground impact. The shoe has a shaft that measures approximately 5” from arch to offer you a perfect fit. It is constructed from 100% leather and textile to enhance durability and comfort.Check Product Features
- Has a traction rubber cupsole
- Features a durable and breathable upper
- Equipped with a unique lace-up
- Has a moulded insole for cushioning
- Shaft measures approximately 5” from arch
- Constructed from 100% textile and leather
- Lightweight and durable
- Waterproof and perfect for all weather elements
- The lacing is poorly designed.
1. KEENS Men’s Targhee II Hiking Shoes
This shoe has a hydrophobic mesh lining that enhances maximum airflow to prevent your feet from sweating. It has an ESS shank that provides you with extra stability when hiking on uneven surfaces. The upper constructing material is pure leather that can be used during all-weather elements because it is heavy-duty.
It has a heel that measures approximately 2” to provide you with the best fit that will keep you relaxed when hiking. Has a quality rubber sole that enables you to go hiking in any terrain because it is skid-resistant and wear resistant. The shoe has a quality lacing that enables you to lace easily and fast. You can use this shoe during all-weather elements because it is waterproof and breathable to keep you comfortable even when the sun is hot.Check Product Features
- Has a heel that measures approximately 2”
- Features a pure leather upper
- Equipped with an ESS shank for stability
- It has a rubber sole with enough traction
- Unique lacing for a customized fit
- Waterproof and all-weather hiking shoe
- It is breathable to give you all-day comfort
- Has a reasonable price
What to Consider when Choosing a Hiking Shoe
- Weight: When you want a quality hiking shoe, choose a lightweight one yet sturdy such that you can move on tough terrains safely. A lightweight shoe increases your flexibility and movement where this offers you a wonderful hiking experience without feeling leg fatigue. With the versatile design of a lightweight hiking shoe, you should be able to use it fishing, camping, snowboarding and walking.
- Comfort: With a comfortable hiking shoe, you can enjoy hiking all-day without feeling tired or discomfort. Choose a shoe with a quality rubber sole with powerful traction to enable you to move on any terrain freely without slipping. The interior padding and cushioning system should be comfortable to protect you from pain caused by ground impact. Also, choose a shoe with a lightweight and breathable upper mesh that will enhance maximum airflow to keep your shoe dry, sweat-free, and odor free.
- Material: The constructing material is an important factor as it will determine how long you will use your shoe in different terrains. Hiking shoes are built from different materials like fabric, rubber, textile, and synthetic. Choose a heavy-duty and sturdy shoe that you can use even in tough surfaces to offer you protection from thorns and rocks. You can also choose the shoes that are built with waterproof designs so that you can use it during any weather element.
- Price: When looking for a hiking shoe, you have to keep in mind that hiking shoes are sold depending on the quality of the shoe. The more quality the shoe is, the more you will pay. With different prices and quality of hiking shoe, you will get what you pay for. Choose a shoe that will match your budget if you have a tight budget.
If you love hiking or walking, choosing a quality hiking shoe is important as it will help you go hiking on any terrain comfortably. Currently, there are many hiking shoes where choosing a shoe is easy but the problem comes when you want a comfortable and durable shoe. With the guide above, you have everything you need to know about hiking shoes.