There’s nothing more frustrating than preparing to go to work only to realize that your car battery is dead. While you can call a friend to come to your rescue, it’s far more convenient if you own a jump starter. This compact device can be your lifesaver when you drain your battery accidentally or during those winter days. But with the many models out there, choosing the right product that suits your situation can be overwhelming. Here is a rundown of the top 10 lithium jump starter in reviews.
Best Lithium Jump Starter Review
10. Adakiit 1200A Car Battery Jump Starter
This is a 1200Amp 12V lithium jump starter designed to start 12V 6L or 7.5L gas engine. It’s suitable for trucks, cars, vans, motorcycles, lawn mowers, and more. You can also use the device as a reliable source of power for your electronic devices like a smartphone, tablet, and laptop. To ensure the safety of the user when operating, the unit has over-current protection and over-voltage protection.
Adakiit has IP68 certified waterproof which comes in handy during those rainy days. The LED light will also be useful when you can’t see clearly at night. This jump starter will save you the hassle of calling roadside assistance or friends when help isn’t nearby.
- Easy to use
- Compact and powerful
- Its waterproof, dust-proof, and shockproof
- Ultra-safe protection
- Offered in different colors- 1200A and Silver 01
- A bit heavy
- Doesn’t hold the charge well
9. Xumeili 89800mAh, 4USB Portable Car Jump Starter
This unit uses Polymer Lithium-Ion Battery Technology and has remarkable peak amperage which can start any vehicle. With 600A peak current, you can use it to jumpstart 4.0 diesel cars or 6.0l petrol cars. What’s more, it comes with 4LED lights. You also get enough power to charge your laptop, mobile phone, and other electronic products.
Xumeili has a lightweight design and compact profile for easy transportation. On top of that, the starter come with breathtaking safety features like short-circuiting, over-current, over-charge, and reverses polarity.
- The charger is UL-certified
- Comes with 18 months warranty
- Equipped with 8 laptop adapter charging plugs
- Fitted with an ultra-bright flashlight
- Affordable price
- The plastic clumps look like they’re of poor quality
- Doesn’t look durable
8. Antigravity Batteries 400 Amp Car Jump Starter
The jump starter has 200 Amps and is small enough to start cars, motorcycles, trucks, ATVs, Snowmobiles, and watercraft. It’s specially designed to jump start 5.7 Liter V8 engines and large V-twin motorcycles. Other than that, it allows you to charge electronic devices like tablets, smartphones, MP3 music players, Cameras, and Bluetooth devices.
Other features include built-in LED flashlights, over-discharge protection, and lighted battery capacity indicator. This unit doesn’t compromise thanks to reverse polarity connection, short-circuit, one carry case, and 4-into-1 USB cable. Whether you’re commuting, camping or traveling you can remain confident that your vehicle will start.
- Has a great capacity of up to 8000 Amps
- Extremely compact
- Features top-quality design
- The battery is UL certified
- The carry case keeps all parts well-organized
- Doesn’t come with a charger
- Doesn’t suit larger engines
7. DieHard 71688 Platinum 12V Jump Starter
DieHard is a well-respected company with many years of success. It delivers up to 1150 Peak Amps which is enough for starting all vehicles in case of emergencies. It gives 400 Watts of 110 Volt AC power or 54 hours of 12 Volt DC power. There’s also a 100 PSI digital air compressor and a tire gauge which turns off automatically.
The jump starter comes with a 2.1 Amp USB power port for charging your phone or tablet. Plus, two USB charge adapters are included in the package. Of course, the built-in charger allows the battery to maintain its peak without overcharging it.
- Has two AC and DC outlets
- Fitted with air compressor function
- Comes with a carrying handle
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to use
- Very heavy – 21.1 pounds
6. POTEK Car Jump Starter
POTEK is a high-performance jump starter perfect for camping, long driving, biking, and more. It gives 500 instant Amps which makes it a lifesaver when your battery runs out of juice. In addition to that, this unit comes with USB charging ports for your Kindle, iPhone, and any other 12V appliance. The jump starter offers two ways of charging- AC or DC. And once the battery is fully charged, you get a yellow light.
Another feature about this product is that it also works as an air station fire inflator. To inflate your car tire to 30 PSI, you’ll take 6-8 minutes. It’s offered in different sizes including JS86, JS87, and JS88.
- Lightweight design
- The universal cable comes with tips that fit different electronic devices
- Good starting power
- Comes with comprehensive features
- Has a carrying handle
- Quite expensive
- A heavier jump starter
5. Weego 22 Jump Starting Powerpack
Weego delivers 1700 peak amps suitable for starting 2.5L+ diesel and 5L+ gas engines. It works on trucks, cars, motorcycles, ATVs, and more. It features patented Smarty Clamps which makes jump starting safer. Additional protections include reverse polarity, anti-spark, power surge, and overheat. Weego also includes 250 lumens led flashlight, strobe modes, SOS, and LED flashlight.
Compared to lead-acid, these jump starters are smaller and have double the lifecycle. They’ll stay powered for 1 year on a single charge making them reliable and convenient. Depending on the size of your vehicle, you get up to four models to choose from.
- Gives up to 600 cranking amps
- It’s compact and lightweight
- Recharges in less than 3 hours
- Jumps start in a matter of seconds
- It’s long-lasting
- The plastic handle looks cheap
- The leads on jump cable are shorter
4. Beatit BT-D11 12V Portable car Jump Starter
This jump starter is designed for 5.5 L diesel engine and gives 800 amps of peak current. It comes in an incredibly compact size and does not limit the number of amps it can push. Secondly, it’s equipped with a built-in flashlight which comes in handy when you’re in the dark. Thirdly, the jump starter is fitted with 18000mAh USB ports for charging your smartphone, tablet, and other devices.
Unlike other models, Beatit works well in extreme temperatures. Not only that, this model excels well in the performance department. It’s housed with fireproof materials and is resistant to heat.
- Unbelievable size to capacity ratio
- Gives up to 11 days of power
- Works in extreme temperatures
- It’s lightweight
- Has a digital display
- Doesn’t have many amps as others
- The circuitry is not the best
3. SUAOKI Portable Car Jump Starter
This is a high-rate lithium-ion battery pack capable of starting 2.0L diesel engine. It gives more than 600 amps of current which make it suitable for SUVs, motorcycles, vans, and more. Measuring 5.5 x 3.3 x 1.08 inch, this unit is compact enough to carry around. Besides that, the jump starter has an IP66 rating which protects against dust and water. The ABS material case can also withstand four feet drop.
Safety-wise, this starter is equipped with 8 protections including over-temperature protection, over-charge protection, forced start function, over-discharge protection, and reverse polarity protection. SUAOKI has 5V USB charging ports for charging your tablet, kindle, and cellphones.
- Comes with LED flashlight
- Its waterproof and dust-proof
- Comes with 18 months warranty
- 1 Lithium Polymer battery is included in the package
- There are some complains that the jumper cables are too short
- A bit expensive
2. DBPOWER 600A Portable Car Starter
If you don’t fancy Beatit, you can try DBPOWER. It gives 600 amps of peak current which is enough to jump-start 5.2L diesel engine. And with the lightweight design, you can carry the unit with ease. Just like other high-end models, DBPOWER has 18000mAh capacity. It can also charge your smartphone, tablet, laptop, and other devices. The package includes 8-in-1 laptop adapters, 12V wall charger, and intelligent jumper clamps.
Another feature that sets the jump starter apart from the competition is the smart USB ports- one is 2.1 amps while the other has 2.4 amps. Because the ports are fairly standard, they can deliver the same electricity to your charging device. Even better, the unit can use an adapter that can comfortably handle up to 8 devices. DBPOWER has three modes LED light (high, SOS, and strobe). This is an emergency lifesaver when you go for a picnic, camping, and other outdoor adventures.
- Equipped with 2 USB ports
- Comes in a compact size
- Has a quality semi-hard case
- High capacity
- Does not hold the charge for longer
- The design could be better
1. Jump-N-Carry jump starter
This unit delivers 1700 amps powerful to start an SUV, mid-car engines, or motorcycles. Its battery delivers exceptional cranking power and numerous jumps per charge. JNCAIR is fitted with a 68-inch cable which enables you to reach the starting points on vehicles. Better still, a handle is molded into the body for portability. The unit is designed with a rubber base to ensure it does not tip over when in use. For more than 25 years, this has been the go-to brand for auto mechanics, car auctioneers, rescue vehicles, and truck drivers.
The jump starter also features an industrial grade delivery system and built-in air pressure. It also has the ability to fill 15-inch car tire in less than 7 minutes. The 12V power output can power variety of accessories and includes automatic circuit protection.
- Pushes 1700 amps
- Comes with a built-in charger
- The extra strength rubber base gives extra stability
- Works as a compressor and jump starter
- Not ideal for large engines
- The air compressor is not the best
Buying guide – How to choose the best lithium jump starter
During winter months, batteries can lose up to 60% of their charge. To avoid making a roadside call, you can purchase a car jump starter. Some focus on providing superior jump capability while others are multi-functional. Whether you have a 1-ton pickup truck, a motorcycle, or a tractor, there is always a starter for you. Here are the factors that can help you make a worthwhile investment.
- Charge amperage: It determines the consistent charging rate. The larger your engine is, the more powerful your jump starter should be. That being said, the easiest way to gauge your starter is to know your power needs. The other type of ampere to look for is the peak. This is the maximum amount of charge the jump starter can generate in a short period of time. To get a rough idea of how much amperage the jump starter can deliver, you should check the difference between charging and peak amperage. You should also consider the cold charge which is usually the primary power rating for jump starters.
- Safety on the roadside: If your battery runs out of juice, a flashlight will be useful when trying to fix the problem. Most models offer a wide range of protective features to ensure everything runs smoothly. Car battery jump starters are equipped with brilliant multi-level safety features in case something is wrong. It’s prudent that you buy a unit with LED lights.
- Air compressors: Some of the common car problems are either a dead battery or a flat tire. It makes sense if you have a car jump starter that pairs as an air compressor. To gauge the air pressure general effectiveness, you should consider PSI. While you can find an air pressure with 200 psi, most models hover between 150-200 psi.
- Portability of device: Though there are many models that work great, some have problems with size. It’s important that you look for a device that takes less space in your car. Modern machines are slimmer and can fit in any compartment. They also come with a travel case for storing additional leads.
- Warranty: Whenever you buy a car jump starter, it’s important that you consider a unit that gives an impressive guarantee and warranty. Be sure to understand the terms and conditions.
- Price: You should always buy a product that is cost-effective without compromising on capabilities, capacity, and features. While you may be happy with the flashlight and other accessories, you should not ignore the quality of the product.
Now you know how to choose the best lithium jump starter. Whenever you’re confronted with the need to start your car battery, you may want to consider the above products. They’re powerful and come at pocket-friendly prices. What’s more, they offer ten jump starts per charge and come in a compact size to fit your car trunk.