Every gamer wishes for the best picture. At the end of it all, you will never come across a curved, 4K monitor to better the gaming experience. However, have you ever wondered about the best sound? Most gamers go for the latest graphics cards, keyboards, processors, and mice. This gives an impression that the best gaming headsets are often assumed. This might be for the reason that they are optional or any other that makes people skip the audio accessory.
For competitive gamers, it is critical to have the best gaming headsets on the gaming scene. PC games are more enjoyable with the headset and this is the reason why the best gaming headsets in 2020 review have been discussed below. However, prior to the product reviews, there is a buying guide to help you identify the best gaming headsets on the market today.
Best Gaming Headsets Reviews
10. Sades SA902 7.1 Gaming Headset
This is a top performing gaming headset with a high performing decoding chip. The surround sound of this gadget has a 7.1 channel effect for gamers with LED light. Unlike many gaming headsets, this one has a 360 degree sound field. This means that with this headset, you can clearly hear what you cannot see.
- Flexible microphone
- Spotlight ear cups design
- Smart inline sound remote control
- The cord is hard to unravel
9. Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Gaming Headset
With this gaming headset, you can easily customize the gadget’s surround sound to what you prefer. Isn’t this amazing and rare? Just like the few interesting gaming headsets around the globe, this one has been designed to deliver crystal clear communication. This is exactly what you are looking for. Buy it today for an amazing gaming experience.
- Advanced surround sound system
- Retractable microphone
- Has weak wiring
8. Razer Kraken Pro V2 Gaming Headset
The microphone of this gaming headset has inline remote which is meant for clear communication. The mic is also fully retractable and therefore, if you are not using it, you can get rid of it until need be. Unlike other gaming headsets, this one has superior durability.
- Great design
- Unique sound signature
- Custom tuned drivers
- Poor connection points
7. Razer Kraken Gaming Headset
Here is a gaming headset featuring an ideal balance of performance, weight, and functionality. Therefore, it is the right one for you as it has amazing features and functions. You can now game hours on end with the optimized weight and plush comfort that comes with this gaming gadget. Try it today and you will never regret it.
- Quick volume adjustment
- Retractable microphone
- Great audio performance
- The cable is rough, hence scrubs against you
6. HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
Are you tired of a fixed microphone that disturbs you when not being used? Worry no more as you can now buy this gaming headset that has a detachable mic. The ear pads are very comfortable as they are designed with memory foam. There is also an additional velour ear pads set just in case you need to replace them.
The mic of this headset is noise canceling through the inline sound card. The gadget also is TeamSpeak certified I order to optimize the voice chat.
- Wide device compatibility
- The mic is not loud enough on Windows 10
5. HyperX KHX-H3CL/WR Gaming Headset
Have you been struggling with bulky gaming headset? Here are extremely lightweight and highly comfortable headsets for gaming. The ear cups are made of leatherette memory foam to eliminate any discomfort. The package also comes with an additional set of ear cups of velour.
- Features two years warranty
- Compatible with almost all devices from notebook to PS4 consoles
- The ear cups are noise isolating
- Short-lived mic
4. SADES SA-708 Gaming Headset
This is one of the few high quality and durable gaming headsets in the year 2019. It has EMI/RFI shielding which is responsible for electromagnetic prevention. The shielding also protects the headset from radio frequency interference. This ensures that your mod is well taken care of when gaming.
This piece is unique with a well-shaped design that appeals to the eye. The mic of this headset is hidden and this is facilitated by the foldable design. The volume control is amazing and the headset features an additional Mic-muted feature.
- Comfortable to wear
- Leather cushioned head pad and ear pads
- Superior durability
- Cannot operate with Xbox 360 and PS4
3. Logitech G430 DTS Headset
Being a 7.1 surround sound powered gaming headset, this gadget allows you to hear what has not yet appeared. Therefore, you can actually hear your opponent even before they see you. You can also experience an immersive 360 degrees field of sound.
It is also one of the few gaming headsets that are built for comfort. This means that it has been designed in a lightweight manner. It also features sports cloth ear cups that are soft to eliminate any discomfort. For even more comfort, this gaming headset has a 90-degree swivel for a personalized fit.
- Features a noise canceling mic
- The mic is foldable
- You can easily adjust the column using the on-cable sound controls
- None so far
2. Logitech G230 Gaming Headset
Are you looking for high-quality stereo gaming headsets? This is one of the few of them that is available today. It is durable and very soft to the touch. Its cloth earpads soothe the skin so you do not have to worry about any discomfort.
This gadget has been designed in such a way that it is lightweight for you to carry around and for you to use without fatigue. It features a folding mic that which keep off the noise. Therefore, any background noise is reduced for clear voice pick.
This gaming headset also has on-cable sound controls to help you with fast audio adjustments. It is compatible with Windows 7, Linux and Windows 8 operating systems.
- Absorbs ambient noise
- It is durable
- The headset is stylish
- The joints are fragile as they are made of plastic
1. SteelSeries Siberia 800 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Headset
This is a wireless gaming headset that is one of the best on the market in the year 2019. Its surround sound is highly detailed this implies that you can easily hear your opponents prior to them seeing you. The headset has a lag-free wireless connection.
It is also powered by Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound. This is why this Logitech G930 headset keeps running for up to 10 hours in between charges. For these and more great features and functions, this product tops this list.
- Comfortable headband
- It is wireless
- High compatibility with Windows 7, Windows Visa, and Windows 8
- Terrible support
Gaming Headsets Buying Guide
- Comfort: There are no specifications available to quantify this critical factor. Although you can focus on construction materials and weight, you will have to try the headsets out to determine I they are comfortable or not. One great thing that everyone should learn is that the cost of a headset does not dictate its comfort.
However, how well the gaming headsets cups cover your ears determines how comfortable the products will be. The pressure applied by the gadget is also an aspect of determining comfort in a headset. To get the most comfortable gaming headsets, you will also have to determine how flexible the gadget is over your head.
- Sound quality: Raw specifications do not always indicate high-quality sound when it comes to gaming headsets. This is because every brand tunes drivers in a different manner. This implies that every one of the gaming headsets will have a special sound. You can use the sound quality score to determine which one is the best for your ears.
- Durability: You surely do not want to go back to the market after a week of headset purchase. To prevent this, you need to ensure that your preferred headsets will serve you for the prolonged period of time. Therefore, it is critical to carefully scrutinize the gadget for any weaknesses.
The best gaming headsets should have braided cords to keep off fraying. The headbands, on the other hand, should be constructed using aluminum or steel material. This ensures that the headbands can bend prior to breaking. This is in the case where you accidentally sit o them.
Most of the people judge the durability of headsets with regard to the cost. There are high-end gaming headsets that feature superior durability, but this is not always the case. There are also cheap headsets that are amazingly durable.All Round Gaming Headsets Are Elusive
It is not easy to find a gaming headset which performs excellently I all audio areas. There are those headsets with subpar headphones while the microphone is great. You will also find the opposite of this on the market today.
This implies that you are the one to decide what is critical to you. You can go for high fidelity audio reproduction or high fidelity audio capture or look for consistency between these two features.
- Microphone Specs: Microphones aren’t all designed the same way. In gaming headsets, microphones are unidirectional. This implies that the microphone rarely collects ambient noise. Nevertheless, there are those microphones that are omnidirectional or bi-directional.
The frequency and sensitivity response aspects are critical to consider. Incredible sensitivity ensures that it is easy for the gadget to pick quiet sound. On the other hand, the frequency response range determines the frequencies that can be present or captured by the mic. A large range means better capture of the audio.
- Controls and accessories: This is a factor that includes all features which make adopting and using the headsets more multifunctional and convenient. It is advisable to select a headset that features separate gaming volume controls and microphone.
You should also go for a headset that comes with a carrying case. This is especially for people who travel a lot, but love gaming on their way. The best gaming headsets also feature a USB connection port and any other accessory that you need for any situation. Check whether you need to buy anything else after opening the box.
- Driver size and audio impedance: Getting lower impedance means higher efficiency. This implies that you will have an option for a sound output that is louder. The size of the drivers is also a great aspect of keeping in mind. The larger the headset’s driver, the more air is moved. This means you will enjoy amazing audio reproduction.
- Cost: Great gaming headsets can be attained at a price below $200. Do not spend a fortune just to obtain the best gaming headsets on the market today. If you are planning to spend less than $100, consider going for the wired options. This is because the best wireless headsets cost more than $100.
There are cases where you will find great cheap gaming headsets which perform as good as the high-end options. Therefore, it is important to try out the headsets before purchasing. Also, do not judge by the price tag.
- Wired or wireless: This is a common dilemma which most people come across when selecting the best gaming headsets. Both of these options have their own advantages and disadvantages. For gamers, wired headsets are the best bet. This is because you do not need to charge them
If you are running on a budget, the wired option is the best. Quality wireless gaming headsets tend to be more expensive. This is because they come with additional technology. You can easily find amazing gaming headsets that are wired with interesting features.
The wireless option requires you to charge the headsets. This can be a challenge especially if you spend hours on end gaming. Most of the wireless headsets need you to charge them for an hour to be full. They also feature 7-8 battery life hours. It is important to go for headsets with AptX encoding if you need high sound quality from wireless gadgets. The AptX encoding ensures that sound is played without quality loss while playing via Bluetooth.
The above are the top 10 best gaming headsets in 2020 review. All of them are of high quality and they are durable. They are comfortable during gaming and they will serve you for a prolonged period of time. Buy any of them today and you will never regret this decision.